WHAT DO WE DO WITH OLD TYRES?
We follow the hierarchy of waste approach.
• Re-use removed tyres.
• Re-tread the old tyre with a brand-new tread
• When all options to reuse the tyre are exhausted, we recycle and dispose of tyres in an environmentally sound way.
1. All tyres removed from customers vehicles will be repaired / Regrooved etc. and re-used wherever possible.
2. Once all opportunities to re-use have been exhausted, these casings will be examined by our team and if the strict criteria is met be re-treaded with a new tread wherever this is possible.
3. Due to the arduous life tyres experience and high acceptance criteria to maintain quality, some old tyre casings will be unsuitable for re-treading. Where this is the case, we will ensure they are disposed of in an environmental manner. e.g. By chipping for anti-slip tarmac, play areas, incinerated for power generation, etc.
We are also looking at our own recycling project which may produce Secondary Raw Materials (SRMs) from the waste to then be used to make new products